Awards & Recognition
Khaya Power has won support and recognition for its social innovation in the last 2 years
- September 2012 – awarded second place at the 5th Innovation Summit
- October 2012 – nominated as one of the 20 businesses that was part of the Nedbank Business accelerator program via Cape Talk radio
- November 2012 – awarded as the winner of the Community awards category of the Eskom eta-awards 2012
- October 2013 – won 4th prize in the 2013 SAB Foundation Social Innovation Awards which included a grant of R150,000 for product development.
- December 2013 – nominated as an official Cape Town Design Capital project in the sustainability category
- February 2014 – nominated energy category finalists in the 1776 Global Challenge to be held in May 2014 in Washington DC